Sunday, 28 June 2015

Last life

(This is a none cannon story. Its from Onwa's point of view. It's based on Idena Menzel's 'Where do I begin?')


She fell onto her back as the bullet hit and made a home in her heart, knew she had lost this time. Knew it was the end. She closed her eyes against the truth, wishing it were not so, a tear tumbling down her cheek. Images played on closed eyelids, mocking, calming. The shooting pain in her chest was joined by the weight of emotion leaking into her mind.

Where do I begin my love. Starting with the things I haven't said enough of.

Three faces, Silente, Bethany and Claire flittered into colour, then faded once again. They hadn't been so bad to her, in the end she may have actually seen them as family. They'd have to care for Liliana now. She thanked them mentally.

Starting with the day you changed my life and ending with the way I feel tonight. Where do I begin?

A small smile graced her lips as Liliana flooded her mind, only for it to fade. This would break her apart..

Where do I belong if you're not here, cause this is way beyond my darkest fear. 

She felt someone kneeling beside her, pressing on the bullet wound, trying desperately to stop the blood flow, begging to every God there was. They both knew this bullet would be it. Not only would it bind her magic so she couldn't heal, but it'd entrap her soul. She wouldn't be returning to their realm. She wouldn't be back to hold her love.

I don't know where I end or where I start. Every mile in between is way too far. Where do I begin?

No one had ever gotten to know her properly except for Liliana. Beautiful, amazing Liliana. She knew her best of all, better than herself. She had taken the time to learn.. to love.

I've always counted all my blessings, knowing you'd defend me and stand by my side.

The fight. She forced her eyes open slightly, saw Liliana's face, beautiful even when tainted with desperation and despair. Mangled body parts lay around, her shooter lay unconscious on the floor. Good. Liliana was safe..

If only I didn't lose my senses each time I intended these words to come out right. Where do I begin my love?

She opened her mouth slightly, but found lips on hers, trapping her words in, stopping them.
"Don't say goodbye." A beautiful whisper beside her ear. Her eyes slipped closed again.

Maybe with the morning you brought me the sun. 

She smiled faintly at the memory of their first meal. Sausage stew with children's blood gravy and a pinky finger present. Such an amazing meal, such a beautiful day. She couldn't have asked for a better meeting, a better morning.

Maybe with the stars from outer space, you took a few and lit up my face. Where do I begin?

A new memory, Liliana's face lit only by the light from her eyes, gorgeous in the shining silver light, utter peace on her angelic face. Her light bathing her love. Hers. The first thing to be hers.

I've always counted all my blessings knowing you'd defend me, stand my side.

Her hand reached for Liliana's, entwining their fingers, holding tightly and delving further into her memories. She could feel tears mixing with the blood on her chest, each one a drop of love and of grief.

If only I didnt lose my senses, each time I intended these words to come out right.

She was getting light headed. Lack of blood probably. Lack of oxygen. She didn't want to die..

Where do I begin my love? I always read the last page instead of the first one.

A memory flickered into sight. She grabbed at it desperately.

There's no need to rush it all in, I love you and I'll say it again.

Their wedding, Liliana's beautiful gown, lifting her veil, tears of joy, of love streaming as she finally gave herself away.

Where do I begin?

Her mind was fading.

Oh where do I begin?

She sighed gently, and lost the fight.

And where should we begin?

3 comments:

Commander Sophia Keating (N7 Operative and Council Spectre) said...

I actually very much like the format. I find it interesting how you incorporated the lyrics into the story in general. It was also well written.

I will say that I am also glad it is non-canon. It would almost certainly crush Liliana if Onwa would die. However, I am sure that she will be pleased that Onwa thinks about her in that way.

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Wow :0
This is one of my favorite pieces of your writing! I love th song lyrics in!

I am also glad this is not Canon. ThAt would be horrible..!

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

This is so moving.

Rereading it, I'm Al.most crying!

;~;